Week 71 Bible Reading: Psalm 33:6–15
It's Not About Us
[God] breathed the word, and all the stars were born. - Psalm 33:6
If you lived five hundred years ago, you probably would have believed that Earth was the center of the universe, as most everyone else did. Crazy, right?
We now know that Earth orbits the sun, and the sun is ordinary. It’s just one of one hundred thousand million stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Sometimes, though, we still act as if we are the center of the universe. We believe everything is about us.
But when we think about the stars, we wake up to the fact it’s not.
The Bible tells us God spoke, and the stars were born. He even named each of the stars in our Milky Way, not to mention naming each of the stars in the two trillion other galaxies spread across the universe. Wow.
Knowing we live on a tiny planet, circling an ordinary star, in just one of two trillion galaxies helps us understand it’s not all about us. In fact, that’s very good news because it just so happens that the Creator who holds that entire universe together also loves us.
- Week 73 - Believing God's Promises
- Week 74 - Finding Fault
- Week 75 - The Right Image
- Week 76 - Prayer Warrior
- Week 77 - Warning: Lacking Common Sense
- Week 78 - Back Together Again
- Week 79 - Real Life
- Week 80 - With You, Always
- Week 81 - No More Hiding
- Week 82 - God's Surprise
- Week 83 - Missing: Gloves
- Week 84 - One Hundred Year Camping Trip
- Week 85 - Meet Your Guest
- Week 86 - Heart Stuff
- Week 87 - Was Jesus Ever Lonely?
- Week 88 - Spaceship Prayer
- Week 89 - Big Cats And Courage
- Week 90 - Girl After God's Heart
- Week 61 - Amazing Languages
- Week 62 - Gentle And Strong
- Week 63 - A Wise Heart
- Week 64 - Heart To Serve
- Week 65 - He's Listening
- Week 66 - Doing The Impossible
- Week 67 - Being Famous
- Week 68 - God's Favorite Fruit
- Week 69 - Saying Goodbye
- Week 70 - Earth Caretakers
- Week 71 - It's Not About Us
- Week 72 - Good Things
- Week 49 - Wrong Turn?
- Week 50 - Little Babies
- Week 51 - Together Is Better!
- Week 52 - One Hundred Years To Grow Up
- Week 53 - Crash!
- Week 54 - Warrior Power
- Week 55 - Not My Worry
- Week 56 - Waiting Is Tough!
- Week 57 - People Power
- Week 58 - All The Feels
- Week 59 - Greatest Gift
- Week 60 - Friendship Power
- Week 37 - The Roaring Lion
- Week 38 - Body Talk
- Week 39 - Worst Homework Assignment Ever
- Week 40 - Painful Pruning
- Week 41 - Three Fearless Friends
- Week 42 - Good Morning, Mighty Hero
- Week 43 - Facing Your Fears
- Week 44 - Never Alone
- Week 45 - Choropoly
- Week 46 - Best Friends
- Week 47 - Not Fear But Faith
- Week 48 - Feeding Ourselves
- Week 25 - Mirror, Mirror
- Week 26 - Little By Little
- Week 27 - A Fresh Start
- Week 28 - The King's Special Mark
- Week 29 - Hoop Prayers
- Week 30 - The Crazy-Expensive Gift
- Week 31 - Smells Like Christ
- Week 32 - God's Galaxies
- Week 33 - Stop Worrying!
- Week 34 - Heavy Lifting
- Week 35 - Lesson of the Horse Mask
- Week 36 - The Rock
- Week 13 - Bernie the Saint Bernard
- Week 14 - Meet Shrek
- Week 15 - What Stinks?
- Week 16 - Don't Give Up
- Week 17 - Cleaning House
- Week 18 - Faith In Action
- Week 19 - The Turquoise Mug
- Week 20 - Honoring Others
- Week 21 - Gift-Giving God
- Week 22 - Turtle Tough
- Week 23 - God's Favorite Things
- Week 24 - Am I Really Growing?
- Week 1 - For A Warrior Like You
- Week 2 - God's Unbreakable Kingdom
- Week 3 - King's Daughter
- Week 4 - The Weaver King
- Week 5 - Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Week 6 - Walking in God's Dirt
- Week 7 - Really, Really Hungry ... And Tempted
- Week 8 - Like A Champion
- Week 9 - God's Greatest Treasure
- Week 10 - Stinky Feet
- Week 11 - Called To Be Courageous
- Week 12 - Thank-You Letter
You Can Subscribe to Family Devotion
These weekly devotionals are specially written for pre-teenagers (10-14 years old) for girls and boys. There are also print copies available – click below for subscription and delivery to your home address on a quarterly basis.
We also have a Facebook group for parents with pre-teens to share questions, perspectives and encouragements with other like-minded parents. These devotionals and other resources will also be shared in the Facebook group.